Sunday 23 December 2012

Nouveaux Livres

Nouveaux= New; Livres= Books

A casual visit to the book store today, and look what I've bought!

     
       Suzanne's Diary for Nicholas by James Patterson:

I've decided to get another Patterson novel after reading Sundays at Tiffany's, hoping this novel would not disappoint my expectations.



          Slam by Nick Hornby:


Nick Hornby's name certainly rings a bell to me but I haven't read any of his books yet. I hope to have a glimpse of teenage boy's mind through this novel and somehow have an idea what goes on in there.



         Woman from Shanghai by Xianhui Yang



I love reading cultural and historical novels from Chinese authors since I learn a lot from their history, especially on how life is for the Chinese women. This book, I assume, would definitely open my eyes some more to certain issues and facts regarding women in China.







       Maynard & Jennica by Rudolph Delson


It's a novel about love and fate, or so that's what its back cover suggests. A little love story wouldn't hurt, so I'm going to sit back and watch how these two people unravel their tale.



        Forever by Pete Hamill


An immortal man who lives in the city that never sleeps, New York City. But there's a catch, he can't live the city in order to survive. It's "page-y" than some of the novels I own, and would require an ample amount of effort to read considering it is also historical in a sense.

~

Fin



        



No comments:

Post a Comment